Call Today 661.349.9300
Se Habla Español 661.349.9755
Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

Out-Of-State Ticket?

Out-Of-State Ticket?Unless you were driving in Michigan or Wisconsin, an out-of-state traffic ticket probably will follow you home.

Some drivers may assume that if they are just passing through California, or just in California for a brief stay, that they can safely ignore a speeding ticket in Kern County. But, due to the Driver's License Compact and the Non-Resident Violator Compact, that myth is simply untrue.

At least 45 states and the District of Columbia belong to at least one of these two compacts. If you are a Nevada resident and receive a ticket going through the Mojave or near Bakersfield, you probably will not be able to renew your drivers' license until you take care of the California ticket.

If you are from out-of-state and receive any traffic ticket in central California, your best option is often to hire a local attorney.