Bakersfield Speeding Ticket Lawyer
Bakersfield & Fresno Speeding Ticket Attorney
At Bigger & Harman, APC, we provide timely and reliable legal assistance to those who have been ticketed for traffic offenses, such as speeding. Speeding tickets can be costly and can rack up points on your driving record, which can also spike up your insurance rates. If you were issued a speeding ticket, our Bakersfield speeding ticket attorneys can help you challenge your traffic offenses and help you avoid these penalties. We will do everything in our power to make sure your driving record is clean!
Penalties for Speeding
By contacting an experienced speeding ticket lawyer from Bigger & Harman, APC, and contesting your speeding ticket you could possibly avoid the following penalties:
- Excessive fines
- Points on their driving record
- Increased insurance rates
- Suspension of their driver’s license
- Loss of driving privileges
How Much is a Speeding Ticket in Kern County?
The most common traffic ticket infraction in California is speeding. It can be costly to get one! An average speeding ticket in California costs $710 with a $35 base fine.
On top of it, the average insurance cost increase for a speeding ticket 1-15 MPH over limit is $288 per year for the next three years. Additionally, a speeding ticket 16-29 MPH over limit can hike it up to $317.
But California Drivers do have the right to fight a speeding ticket using Trial By Written Declaration. If your Bakersfield speeding ticket is dismissed, it means no points on your driving record, refund of your bail money, and no increase in insurance.
Cited for Speeding 100+ mph?
It is crucial that you consult with a competent, local traffic attorney as soon as possible, especially if your speeding ticket involved speeding in excess of 100 mph (VC 22348(b)). We may be able to help you successfully modify the penalties and charge that you are facing.
Speeding over 100 mph can carry heavy consequences, including:
- At least $900 in fines
- License suspension of up to 30 days for a first-time offense
- Two points added to your driving record for 7 years
- Increased insurance premiums
Each moving violation (including minor infractions) that you are convicted of adds points to your license. If you accrue 4 points within a year, 6 points within two years, or 8 points within three years, the DMV will suspend your license under the Negligent Operator Treatment System (NOTS).
Do I Need An Attorney For A Speeding Ticket?
Whether you need an attorney for a speeding ticket depends on several factors, including the specific circumstances of your case, your driving record, and your goals in contesting the ticket.
Here are some considerations to help you decide:
- Severity of the ticket: If you were caught speeding significantly over the limit or if your speeding resulted in an accident or other serious consequences, it may be more advisable to seek legal representation.
- Impact on your driving record: Accumulating multiple speeding tickets can lead to increased insurance rates, license suspension, or other penalties. If you have previous violations on your record, it might be beneficial to have an attorney help you minimize the impact of the new ticket.
- Options for contesting the ticket: An attorney can assess the evidence against you, including the accuracy of the speed measurement device and the circumstances of the traffic stop. They can also advise you on the best strategy for contesting the ticket, such as negotiating a reduced charge or challenging the ticket in court.
- Time and effort required: Contesting a speeding ticket can involve gathering evidence, filing paperwork, and potentially appearing in court. If you prefer to have someone handle these tasks on your behalf, hiring an attorney can save you time and effort.
- Potential costs and benefits: Consider the potential costs of hiring an attorney versus the potential benefits of reducing or dismissing the ticket. Some attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your case and provide an estimate of their fees.
Ultimately, the decision to hire an attorney for a speeding ticket depends on your individual circumstances and how you weigh the potential benefits and costs. If you're unsure, you may want to consult with a traffic attorney to discuss your options.
Is it Worth Hiring a Lawyer for a Speeding Ticket?
There's no question that speeding tickets can be costly. But is it worth hiring a lawyer to help you fight one? That depends on a few factors.
- First, consider the cost of the ticket itself. If it's only a few hundred dollars, it's probably not worth spending thousands on a lawyer. But if the ticket is upwards of $1,000, hiring a lawyer may be more worthwhile.
- Next, think about the potential consequences of losing the case. If you're facing a speeding ticket, chances are good that you won't lose your license or go to jail. But if there's a possibility of more serious consequences, such as losing your job or going to jail, then hiring a lawyer may be worth it.
- Finally, consider the chances of winning the case. If you have a strong case and the odds are good that you'll win, then it may be worth hiring a lawyer. But if the odds are against you or the evidence is weak, then it's probably not worth spending the money on a lawyer.
In the end, whether or not to hire a speeding ticket lawyer is a personal decision based on your individual circumstances. But if you're facing a costly ticket and serious consequences, it's definitely worth at least considering hiring one.
How Can Speeding Affect My Insurance?
In addition to the DMV penalties, you may also face higher insurance premiums, which means you will continue to pay for your mistake even after you have paid the ticket fines. Speak with a local traffic lawyer today to begin preparing a defense. Our team understands the complexities of traffic courts, and we know the ins and outs of traffic defense, including the right Court personnel to approach, and how to approach them.
Kern County Ticket Lawyers as Seen on Bakersfield Law TV
As members of the California Traffic Defense Bar Association, we possess the knowledge and resources required to handle speeding tickets in various courts. Our firm is proud to have been recognized for our legal excellence and to have been featured on Bakersfield Law TV. With more than a decade of legal experience to our name, we have the legal insight and resources to protect your driving rights.
As our client, you may also benefit from the following:
- Local representation throughout Kern County, Fresno County, Tulare County, Inyo County, and Mono County for your convenience
- We can handle speeding tickets over 100 MPH, which qualifies as a two-point count California vehicle code violation (VC 22348(b))
- Intimate understanding of our local courts and personnel
Bakersfield Speeding Ticket Attorney Offering Appointment Flexibility & Weekend Hours
We realize that many of our clients have busy and hectic schedules, which is why we offer appointment flexibility. We also offer evening and phone appointments, as well as weekend hours. The needs of our clients are extremely important to us. Should you hire us to take care of your speeding ticket, our Bakersfield speeding ticket lawyers will handle all the paperwork and court appearances on your behalf for a higher chance of success.
Best lawyer you can find in bakersfield.. fought 4 tickets and won all of them..- Jose
I had let a minor fix it ticket escalate into a major issue. This attorney was able to get everything taken care of quickly ...- Jocelyn Bentley
If you are a cdl driver these folks are the best when I got my invitation to me the judge I called around to see who would ...- John
Thanks so much!! I waited almost 4yrs to take care of this ticket because of the unknown. I'm so happy I found you guys while ...- D. Samuelson
My experience with working with the Bigger & Harman law firm was nothing short of excellent!- Gene P.
HIre and trust Mr. Bigger. The end result speaks for itself!- J. Dubuque