Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

In California, many people are driving on our roads without a valid drivers license and get cited for a violation of Vehicle Code 12500(a). California Vehicle Code 12500 states that a person cannot drive a motor vehicle on the road without a valid license.

Oftentimes people forget to renew their license, fail to obtain a license, move to California from another state and continue to use their license from another state past the thirty days in which they are required to get a California license, or are unable to get a license in the first place because of their immigration status.

But what does it mean for you if you are cited for driving without a license? First of all, you could be charged as an infraction or as a misdemeanor. If as a misdemeanor, you could face up to six months in jail, probation, and a large fine. As a misdemeanor, it would be part of your criminal record and could prevent you from obtaining citizenship for a period of time. An infraction would just carry a fine.

There are numerous things that an experienced attorney can do to help you if you are charged with a 12500(a). First of all, an attorney can appear in court for you so that you don't have to. Secondly, an attorney can work on crafting a deal that will prevent this from staying on your criminal record or having consequences to immigration, service in the military, or any professional licenses that you may possess. Contact me for a free phone consultation.

Share To: