When caught speeding over 100 mph on I-5 or SR 99 in Stockton, CA, there are many hidden costs and inconveniences.
When we talk about speeding over 100 mph in Stockton, CA, most drivers immediately think of the hefty fines that come with such a violation.
However, the true cost of such an action goes well beyond the initial financial penalty. In this blog post, we will explore the often-overlooked repercussions that can weigh heavily on a driver's mind, both financially and personally.
The Financial and Legal Costs
If you've been ticketed for speeding over 100 mph, the consequences can be severe:
- The massive fine ranging between $859 to $2,137 can strain anyone’s budget.
- Mandatory court appearance, which means if you're not from Stockton, you must return for trial or engage an attorney to appear on your behalf.
- The risk of increased auto insurance premiums, potentially doubling or tripling due to the added risk posed by a conviction for speeding over 100 mph.
- A 30 day drivers suspension is possible on the first offense
To sum it up, the financial implications are substantial, affecting not just your wallet directly through fines but also your long-term expenses via increased insurance rates.
The Impact on Your Driving Privileges and Record
Understanding the impact on your driving record is crucial when convicted of speeding over 100 mph.
Here’s what’s at stake:
- A possible 30-day driving privilege suspension by the judge.
- The CA DMV will assign two negligent operator treatment system (NOTS) points that linger on your driving record for seven years.
- Accumulating four NOTS points within a year, six within two years, or eight within three years can lead to a negligent operator suspension of six months and probation for an entire year.
These points serve as a stark reminder that the repercussions of such a ticket are long-lasting and halfway to a possible six-month suspension that could significantly disrupt your daily life.
Why Hiring a Traffic Attorney Could Be Crucial
Navigating a mandatory court appearance for speeding over 100 mph can be overwhelming, especially if you live outside Stockton and face additional expenses such as travel costs and potential lost wages.
Here's why enlisting a traffic attorney could be beneficial:
- An attorney's advocacy could lead to reduced charges or dismissal.
- Legal experience and knowledge ensure your case is managed efficiently, saving you time and uncertainty.
- We prioritize transparency and support, addressing concerns about costs and the complexities of legal proceedings.
- We can represent you at trial without your presence, leaving you available to go to work or school.
At Bigger & Harman, APC, our commitment is to advocate for your rights with diligence and integrity. Choosing our services means selecting a traffic law firm deeply invested in securing a just and fair outcome for you.
Ask Bigger & Harman About Speeding over 100 MPH in Stockton, CA
The hidden costs of speeding over 100 mph in Stockton, CA, are numerous, impacting your finances, personal time, and driving privileges.
We recognize the scope of these challenges and are prepared to extend our assistance, with flexible hours to accommodate your schedule. Let us offer our experience and knowledge to support you during this pivotal process.
When faced with a speeding over 100 mph ticket in Stockton Courthouse in San Joaquin County, call Bigger & Harman, APC, at (661) 349-9300.
Se habla Español (661) 349-9755.
CVC Section 22348, Speed Laws.