Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

undefinedWhen should you hire a CDL traffic attorney for a speeding ticket? If your answer isn’t every time, you obviously haven’t been driving very long.

A skilled and experienced fleet trucker knows any moving violation could cost them their job. What’s more, the conviction for a speeding ticket will stay on your Pre-employment Screening Program (PSP) record for three years. 

That typically means you will have to choose a low-paying firm until it comes off because the high-paying fleets usually don’t hire a trucker with a conviction for any moving violation. Moving violations raise their fleet insurance premium and too many will put them over the 75 percentile on the DOT FMCSA Safety Measurement System (SMS), which will require interventions. 

One of the most severe interventions is that every driver using their DOT number will get pulled in for inspections at all opened weigh stations with inspectors available. 

How Can a CDL Traffic Attorney Help with a Speeding Ticket   

Unlike many others, Bigger & Harman will provide you a free, no-obligation consultation by phone, email, or in person. We understand it’s not always easy to come into the office. We know you are on the road making money to provide for your family. 

Therefore, the best way to start is to call us. You can provide us with a brief rundown of the situation, and we can give you some options and let you know our fee. Then, you can follow up by sending an email with your speeding ticket and summary of circumstances, so we can get started. 

In some cases, we can get a dismissal on a technicality, missing paperwork, or failure for the law enforcement officer or district attorney to respond to a proper discovery request or subpoena. Sometimes the LEO might not show up for your trial and that is grounds for  dismissal because you have a Constitutional right to face your accuser. 

In many cases, when there is solid evidence against you, we can negotiate with the traffic court judge and possibly get a no-point conviction. It’s usually the same as an expensive parking ticket. We must have your permission to do this as the ticket could be more expensive initially. However, there are no points and no record of conviction sent to the CA DMV or the DOT FMCSA.  

As you know, if you are convicted of a moving violation according to FMCSA rules, you must notify your employer within 30 days of a conviction. If there’s no conviction, there’s no reason to tell your employer about it. We all know how some fleet managers get about moving violations.

Owner-Operators Can Have It Much Worse 

When you own your truck or have a few trucks and drivers, those Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) severity points and time-weights can put you in an unenviable position where every time one of your trucks come up to a weigh station, you must stop for an inspection.

This can be frustrating and add to your predicament when more severity points and time-weights. Not to mention the fines that can be tens of thousands of dollars rather than the $2750 you would pay as just a driver. 

There’s no good option except hiring a CDL traffic attorney for every ticket or roadside inspection shortcoming charged in court. What’s more, you can’t even fight a warning in court, it just adds to your misery. 

Then, the State of CA adds negligent operator treatment system (NOTS) points to your worries. The best way to avoid NOTS points and a suspension is to avoid a conviction. A CDL traffic attorney can raise the level of “reasonable doubt,” get dismissals, reduced charges and fines, and help you at a DMV NOTS hearing to get additional leeway and/or get points removed.

The DOT FMCSA is making it easier for commercial drivers to dispute points for collisions that were previously automatic for the big rigs. Now, you can get a CDL traffic attorney to look at the write up and dispute inconsistencies.  

Plus, it’s much cheaper than you think with a traffic attorney that uses a fixed rate to resolve your traffic issues.    

Ask Bigger & Harman, the CDL Traffic Attorneys in Kern County for Help with a Speeding Ticket

Call Bigger & Harman, APC, at (661) 349-9300 when you have problems with speeding tickets, overweight trucks, red light tickets, an illegal U-turn, a DMV NOTS hearing and more.

We used a flat rate to resolve your tickets. Give us a free, no-obligation call or email to discuss your situation.   

Se habla Español (661) 349-9755.



The DMV Portal CA Commercial Driver Handbook Copyright 2022.

Share To: