Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today


Truckers are usually very careful about speeding or other violations in their CMV, but occasionally they let loose a little in their private vehicle. However, speeding 100+ mph can be devastating for any driver. 

Speeding 100+ MPH as a Trucker? Do Not Let This Happen to You 

Although the FMCSA does not get notified directly, you still need to notify your employer if convicted. Plus, if you get convicted on a speeding ticket for 100+ mph, the judge can suspend your driver’s license (DL) for 30 days. If you can’t drive, chances are very likely you will get fired, especially if your employer finds out you were speeding over 100+ mph.  

Let’s say you're out on I-15, in the desert, momentarily speed up from the flow of traffic at 90 MPH to safely pass a car. Then you see the lights. . . 

As the LEO was writing a ticket for speeding 102 mph, he pointed up at the sky, and said, “You should tell your friends who like to speed out here in the desert, we use aircraft now to catch speeders. My eye in the sky says you were doing 102.” I signed the ticket, thanked the officer, and told him I would tell my friends. 

The Consequences of a Speeding 100+ mph Conviction

If you get ticketed for speeding more than 100 mph, you will have a mandatory court appearance for yourself or by your attorney. If convicted, you face a base fine of $200-500, and some judges will add $100 for every mph over 100; which when you add in the ten state and county assessments, this turns into $900 to $2600. You will get assessed two Negligent Operator Treatment System (NOTS) points that will stay on your driving record for seven to ten years. 

Plus, when your insurance company sees the conviction, and they will because you cannot attend traffic school to mask it from the public, they will drop your “good driver’s discount,” and put you into a higher risk category. Your auto insurance will double or triple. The average Californian pays $1960 per year. Imagine if you must pay double or triple that!  Over a seven year period, it could cost an additional $15,000. You could surely do better with an attorney. 

Whatever anyone tells you, when you get a speeding ticket 100+ mph, you need a traffic law attorney, especially as a CDL holder. No other attorney will do. Although there are some very good family and divorce lawyers, in traffic court they will be like “a fish out of water.”    

Consult a Local Bakersfield Traffic Ticket Attorney 

Call Bigger Harman, (661) 349-9300. Se habla Español (661) 349-9755. We specialize in traffic law and have gotten tremendous results with 100+ mph tickets. We fight them like no one else.

For one thing, when you hire us, you can go back to work and put it out of your mind. We can’t always get a dismissal, but our success rate is much better than most. Call us for a free, no obligation consultation.  

If you are not able to call, send us an email,  

Share To: