Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today


How Best to Handle an Out-of-Town Ticket

Where you visiting Los Angeles, Bakersfield, or traveling across the Mojave on SR 58 heading to Nevada when you were pulled over and issued a traffic ticket? It is always frustrating to have a traffic ticket that can impact your license and insurance rates, but it is even more frustrating when it is an out-of-town ticket. You may think that to fight your out-of-town ticket that you will need to travel back to the county where the infraction was committed, but that may not be the case. Here are the best ways to handle an out-of-town ticket without needing to travel back and forth to court. 

Should You Just Pay an Out-of-Town Ticket?

The first impulse for many people is to just pay the fine for an out-of-town ticket, especially if it is far away or in another state. While this is an option and may seem like the simplest solution, think twice before pleading guilty and paying the fine. Depending on the type of ticket, you could be facing hefty consequences for your ticket while traveling. Questions to consider include:

  • How will this impact your point balance through NOTS?
  • Will the ticket cause your insurance rates to rise?
  • How much will this ticket cost you in the long run, with insurance hikes, point accumulation and other impacts (i.e. workplace)?

If you can have a serious traffic ticket reduced or completely dismissed, it may be worth it to fight your out-of-town ticket in court. 

Handling Your Out-of-Town Ticket Remotely

The good news is you can fight your out-of-town ticket without traveling back to go to court. Hiring an experienced traffic attorney in the area where you received your ticket can be the best way to handle your out-of-town ticket. Our team at Bigger & Harman have helped many of our clients from northern California or from other states fight their traffic tickets that occurred in our area. We serve the following counties from our main office in Bakersfield:

  • Fresno County
  • Kern County
  • Tulare County
  • Mono County
  • Inyo County

If you have an out-of-town ticket, contact our office to speak to one of our team for a free legal consultation. You can call at 661.349.9300 or use the contact page on our website. 


Negligent Operator Treatment System

California Courts
Share To: