Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

Its Here Whats NextCalifornia’s second ticket amnesty program began on October 1. While some low-income drivers may be eligible for some relief, it remains to be seen whether or not the amnesty will bring any permanent change.

In addition to discounts on past-due fines, penalty assessments, and add-ons, some drivers may be eligible for drivers’ license reinstatement. Reckless driving and a few other violations are not eligible at all, and the ticket must also meet certain date and other restrictions. To take advantage of the limited program, alleged violators cannot contest their citations; they just have to pay what the state claims they owe. Governor Brown instigated the plan several months ago, reasoning that a person who owes thousands of dollars may be tempted to just give up.

The amnesty runs through next March.

Amnesty vs. Attorney

The ticket amnesty could correctly be described as a temporary splint on a broken leg: when the splint comes off, the leg is still broken. As far as California drivers are concerned, when the current amnesty expires, fines, penalty assessments, and add-ons will still be incredibly high. More importantly, the state will be quick to suspend the drivers’ license of anyone who doesn’t pay, regardless of the reason or reasons for the nonpayment.

On the other hand, an attorney can normally do everything the ticket amnesty does, and more. A lawyer can normally get your suspended license quickly reinstated, if the suspension was for tickets you have never appeared on, which means you can get back on the road. Once the case goes to trial, an attorney advocates for you in front of the judge to get the ticket thrown out or the fine/points reduced.

Getting Legal Help

The aggressive lawyers at Bigger & Harman, APC, are committed to giving individuals a voice when dealing with speeding and traffic tickets. Call today at 661-859-1177 or email to receive the personal professional attention you deserve. En español, llame al 661-376-0214.

Share To: