Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

In the State of California, if you are convicted of a DUI, you will need to complete a DUI program in order to obtain your license back.

If you are over 21 years of age, you would enroll in a DUI program after a DUI conviction, file a California Insurance Proof Certificate (SR 22), and pay the restriction and reissue fees for your license. After this, the DMV will issue you a restricted driver license, which will permit you to drive to/from work (unless you hold a commercial driver license) and to/ from a DUI program. You also must serve a month mandatory suspension before you are eligible for a restricted license. An exception to granting you a restricted license would be that by obtaining a restricted driver's license you would be considered a "traffic safety" or "public safety" risk; the court may prohibit the DMV from granting you a restricted driver license.

With legal counsel experienced in defending traffic ticket violations and DUI convictions; however, you may be able to avoid a license suspension.

Share To: