Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

undefinedWhen you receive a commercial vehicle speeding ticket in Kern County, call the traffic ticket defense team of Bigger & Harman, APC. 

Most commercial driver’s license (CDL) holders know they cannot afford to just pay the fine for a commercial vehicle speeding ticket. Unlike in their personal vehicle, they cannot attend traffic violator’s school to keep the point off (a paid fine is the same as pleading guilty; it is a conviction). For commercial drivers, taking traffic school for a violation that occurred in their private vehicle does not prevent the conviction from being public, even though the point is removed. 

Plus, according to DOT FMCSA CFR 49 Part 383.31 Paragraph 6.2.7 Notifying Employer of Convictions, “A CDL holder must notify their employer(s) within 30 days of conviction for any State or local law pertaining to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation).” The CFR adds that the notification must be written.

How Do I Get Around Notifying My Employer of a Commercial Vehicle Speeding Ticket Conviction?

The straightforward answer to that question is don’t get convicted. Although straightforward, it is not always simple. You should always use a traffic ticket defense attorney to dispute your commercial vehicle speeding ticket in traffic court.

For one thing, you don’t have time to sit in court waiting for your name to be called, perhaps on two occasions. You could sit there all day to get five minutes to raise the level of “reasonable doubt” that you were speeding.

Plus, to get the quality level of representation you would receive from Bigger & Harman, you would have to sit in traffic court three or four days a week to see what is going on, spend years getting your law degree, and strategize with other traffic lawyers for years on what techniques get the best results. Representing yourself is never a good idea because refusing to pay an attorney when your career is on the line is shortsighted. 

Bigger & Harman know what type of plea deals and sentences are common in which court including whether a possible deal for a non point is possible. They know many law enforcement officers (LEOs), and if they see that the LEO who wrote your speeding ticket is not in court for your trial, they will ask for dismissal as you have a right to face your accuser.

What’s more, they know how and where to subpoena “discovery.” Discovery is everything the state has as evidence against you. The LEO’s training and calibration records for the device used to determine your speed. Did they use LIDAR, RADAR, or pacing to determine your speed?

Since you must always dispute any moving violation in court to protect your CDL and career, wouldn’t it be wise to pay an experienced attorney? 

The Misdemeanor Commercial Vehicle Speeding Ticket in CA 

That’s especially true when the “M” is circled on your speeding ticket. That “M” stands for misdemeanor. Yes, that’s correct. A commercial vehicle speeding ticket could be a misdemeanor crime in CA. 

CA Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 22406.1Speed Laws, Paragraph (a) warns, “A person who operates a commercial motor vehicle…upon a highway at a speed exceeding a posted speed limit established under this code by 15 miles per hour or more, is guilty of a misdemeanor.”

Therefore, anytime you are going 70 mph in CA, you could be guilty of a misdemeanor crime, which will stay on your record for up to ten years. Please, don’t risk it alone.    

Consult Bigger & Harman about Commercial Vehicle Speeding Tickets in Kern County 

When you receive a commercial vehicle speeding ticket in Kern County, call the traffic ticket defense team of Bigger & Harman, APC, (661) 349-9300. 

We offer drivers an initial consultation about their speeding tickets. Plus, we only practice traffic law using a flat fee. Therefore, it won’t matter how often we have to appear in traffic court to resolve your ticket; our fee is the same.

Se habla Español (661) 349-9755.



The 2019-2021 CA Commercial Driver Handbook.pdf

CVC Section 22406 & 22406.1Speed Laws

The FMCSA CFR 49 Part 383.51Driver Disqualifications & CFR 49 Part 383.31 Paragraph 6.2.7 Notifying Employer of Convictions

Share To: