Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

undefinedWhen you have an alleged commercial driving offense in Kern County Traffic Court or Superior Court in Lamont, Shafter, Mojave, Ridgecrest, Delano, or Bakersfield, call the Bakersfield office of the Bigger & Harman legal team.

What Commercial Driving Offenses Do Bigger & Harman Handle?

We will represent you in a DMV NOTS hearing to get more leeway before a suspension when most of your NOTS points were gathered in your CMV. When you accumulate four negligent operator treatment system (NOTS) points within twelve months, six points within twenty-four months, or eight points within thirty-six months in your private vehicle, your private driver’s license is suspended. In this case, you will not be able to drive your CMV either, though there are circumstances for a restricted work-only license.

However, when you get to that point total, and most of the points were accumulated while driving your CMV, the DMV can allow up to six, eight, or ten points due to the increased number of miles you drove in your CMV. 

CA Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 12810.5Issuance of Licenses, Expiration, and Renewal authorizes the DMV to manage the NOTS program. It states, “…if the person requests and appears at a hearing conducted by the department, the department shall give due consideration to the amount of use or mileage traveled in the operation of a motor vehicle.”

Most commercial drivers spend as much time in their CMV as office workers do in their office; therefore, they are more likely to get “moving violations” in their CMV.

When the driver receives the majority of points in their private vehicle, we can represent them at a hearing to get points removed from their record. Since we spend a great deal of time in traffic court, we know what tickets can get removed.  

What’s more, when you have a traffic ticket that is not yet resolved, give us a call, or send us an email. We resolve tickets for overweight trucks, unsafe lane changes, following too closely, speeding, red-light tickets, stop signs, reckless driving, a wrong way, illegal U-turns, and many others for CDL holders in Kern County Traffic Courts.

Why Hire a Traffic Attorney to Handle an Alleged Commercial Driving Offense  

Many younger, inexperienced truck drivers believe it is cheaper to pay the fine and move on from a moving violation in their CMV. Nothing could be further from the truth. We use a flat rate to resolve traffic tickets. It doesn’t matter if we appear in court one time or ten; you pay the same reasonable price.

Plus, you will never have to step into a traffic court. That means you can “keep on trucking” and “bring home the bacon.” OK, forgive us the old clichés, but we know how crucial every load is to the over-the-road trucker and your family’s budget.

Most people shy away from hiring an attorney because they fear they’ll have to pay a retainer and costly hourly fees. With Bigger & Harman, APC, there will never be a surprise bill because you always know how much you will pay with our flat rates.  

Call the Traffic Ticket Experts in Kern County 

When you get a speeding ticket on the Grapevine, doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone, or you left your CDL at home and got stopped on Highway 46, call Bigger & Harman, (661) 349-9300. Se habla Español (661) 349-9755.

Camera-enforced red light tickets are a significant problem for truckers in Bakersfield; we fight them like no other attorneys because we know the system. 



The 2019-2021 CA Commercial Driver Handbook.pdf

CVC Section 12810.5Issuance of Licenses, Expiration, and Renewal

Share To: