Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today


Getting Your Suspended License Reinstated

In California between 2006 and 2013, the DMV suspended the driving privileges or 4.2 million drivers. The sad part is, even with changes in laws that prohibit the DMV from suspending a driver’s license for non-payment of traffic fines, millions of those still have a suspended license and many are still driving. 

Those laws did not “grandfather” those with a suspended license, nor allow them to get an automatic reinstatement. Those caught driving on a suspended license will incur further financial difficulties, bad credit, and possibly an inability to get out of the downward spiral of indebtedness. 

GC Services Los Angeles, CA

Many feel they have no choice and must choose between putting food on the table and paying the fines.  The GC Services, a collection agency contracted by the Los Angeles County Court system, reports to all three major credit services, Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. Unpaid fines will destroy your Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO®) scores and make it nearly impossible to get a new home loan, auto loan, and in many cases even rent an apartment. 

NEVER pay GC Services without consulting a traffic ticket attorney. Many attorneys offer a free initial consultation and have ways of dealing with collection agencies and traffic tickets. When you pay GC Services, you could damage your chances in court. A judge might see that payment as an admission of guilt. Speak with an attorney first.

The truth is, for an affordable amount, you can get a traffic ticket attorney to handle your suspended license, and, in many cases, get thousands of dollars in fine completely removed or dismissed. We see many drivers in LA Traffic Courts with multiple tickets and civil penalties who ask the judge to consider their salary and reduce their fines. The judge then cuts their fines in half, and the driver goes out of court smiling until they discover they still do not have the $2000 owed. When we, in all likelihood, could have gotten everything dismissed.      

How to Petition the Court Regarding FTP/FTA

The County of Los Angeles would like you to know that you have the right to petition the court to remove or reduce civil penalties associated with traffic tickets. Mainly those $300 penalties they tack on when you fail to pay (FTP) or fail to appear (FTA) in court when directed, but there are other penalties you could avoid as well. 

The best place to start is with a traffic ticket attorney who can advise you on how it works, and which documents are needed to produce. When you hire an attorney, there’s a good chance they could get your charges dismissed, or the original fine significantly reduced along with getting the civil penalties thrown out. Hiring an attorney in LA is more convenient and cheaper than you think.

Although your ticket might have been an infraction, when you have an FTA, CA Vehicle Code (CVC) 40508Release Upon Promise to Appear makes it is a misdemeanor crime. Your attorney will need to clear the FTA before they can handle your ticket. 

Consult a Traffic Attorney About Your Suspended License

When you have forgotten about a traffic ticket or missed your court date, or you have old traffic tickets and now you have a suspended license, call Bigger & Harman (661) 349-9300. Se habla Español (661) 349-9755.  

We frequently appear in Chatsworth, Inglewood, Glendale, or any of the many LA County Traffic Courts to assist drivers and ensure their rights are protected. We can help you get a suspended license reinstated. Give us a call.   

Send us an email,  

Share To: