Protect Your Driving Privileges Fight Your Ticket With Bigger & Harman Today

Getting A Speeding Ticket After An Accident Can Hurt CaseWhen there is an unresolved accident and fault has not yet been determined in court, but the police report held you at fault or partially at fault, a subsequent ticket prior to trial could indicate a pattern of violations, particularly if you had previous speeding tickets or other moving violations before the accident. Although previous violations are not supposed to be used as evidence against you in an unrelated incident, once a seed of doubt is planted about your accountability to the law, it is difficult to overcome. That’s why there are “three strikes you’re out” laws.

Some insurance companies will forgive the first-time minor moving violation or even a minor at-fault accident without raising your rates. However, a second ticket before fault is even established on a previous accident will likely not be forgiven, if you are convicted.

Even worse, your insurance company may decide that you are too high a risk after an accident and a subsequent speeding ticket conviction, particularly a speeding ticket over 100 mph; they may cancel your insurance or raise your premium so much that it is unaffordable. Although California has mandatory minimum insurance coverage laws, there is no requirement for an insurance company to continue insuring you past your current paid-up policy or take you on as a client. It may be very expensive to find a new insurer.

Speeding Ticket for Over 100 MPH

In California, as in many other states, there is a separate CA Vehicle Code (CVC) for speeding over 100 mph because of the inherent dangers of such speed. A conviction of speeding over 100 mph with fines normally around $1000, and two Negligent Operator Treatment System (NOTS) points on your motor vehicle driving record (MVR), you’re only allowed four in a one-year period. But, what really makes this CVC unique is the judge’s ability to invoke a 30-day suspension on top of the fine, even for first-time offenders.

In fact, in Hanford in Kings County and Lamont in Kern County, the judges in those courts, as well as Shafter, Bakersfield, Mojave, and others utilize this suspension with many over 100 convictions. After conviction, you are liable to hear the ask, “Do you have your driver’s license with you? If so, turn it over to the bailiff, your driving privileges are suspended for 30 days.”

Bigger & Harman, APC

No one wants to get pulled over by LE officers in Barstow, Bakersfield, Hanford, or other CA municipalities for speeding, particularly when they still have an accident investigation ongoing. However, if you are not careful it is easy to find yourself on the wrong end of a speeding over 100 mph ticket out there on 58, 198, 99, or I-5. If that happens, call Bigger & Harman, professional traffic ticket defenders of SoCal residents and non-residents alike.

When assistance is required for a speeding ticket, an over 100 mph speeding ticket, an at-fault or shared responsibility accident, FTA, or another traffic ticket in Kern, Kings, or Tulare, as well as many other SoCal Counties, call Bigger & Harman for expert counsel and traffic ticket advice, 661-349-9300. Or, email their law office

En español, llame al 661-349-9755.

Share To: